1.08.2010

Candles Burning. Mind steaming. Happiness.

I prefer 30 degrees or higher during Winter. With our old cracked windows in the kitchen especially it's down right blistering in my favorite room. We have a thermometor outside our kitchen window, installed by the former owner, and I must admit I am pretty obsessed with looking at. It's truth. It was maybe 15 degrees around 6a.m.

To start out by saying there's a lot on my mind --most always is the case. I just like to say that when I haven't been posting reguarly, and geer the reading audience for a varied palette that is part stream of consciousness - part back up the dump truck and dump mental inventory here.

The New Year brings me into thinking about myself again. I'm most grateful for the reminder this year as I have been so shockingly suprised at how much I have ignored,and after so much time, forgotten the little things that make me happy. I am a mother, selfless, as is what you are when you have a child, but one thing is for sure... YOU MUST MAKE TIME FOR YOURSELF AND LOVE YOURSELF TOO! Currently, as I have come to realize in my depressed state that I haven't been making myself happy(of course when you're sad you realize you're not happy) I am literally hand out greeting myself again. How are you? What do you feel like doing? What interests you now? This is laborous, as you just can't flip a switch into change. The switch is heavy, slippery, difficult to grasp, but eventually you flip into a different channel and the light is on. Birthing the change, here I go.

  1. Starting with cleaning up our rooms. Organizing my closet. Getting shoe bins for my shoes...I went to Walmart yesterday(we don't have a Target here ;( ) and I noticed shoe bins that lock and would fit on my shelf perfectly so I wouldn't have lopsided shoes or have awkardly stacked shoes. I really like when things fit and are neat and tidy. Bins are making me happy these days. I am putting Sylvia's little toys and notebooks in them...such relief.
  2. Candles. I am craving Lavender candles and coffee smelling candles. I have wanted this Lavender Diptyque candle for a few years. It's not cheap, and I believe burns pretty quickly because it's oil based. It's the best Lavender I have ever smelled. If you have anxiety--get this and burn on those days you really need a spirit lift and a calming agent. I have daydreams of soaking in a tub, listening to Sigur Ros, and burning this candle. I also bought this tiny tin filled with Jamaican Blue Ridge coffee scented candle in you guessed: Jamaica. I think this site is has the candle I purchased. It is energizing as much as it is soothing.

There's more that I am reacquainting myself with, but for now I must go scamper upstairs and start putting clothes away, get rid of pesky dust bunnies, and apply my make-up before Sylvia wakes up from her nap. Even if I know I'm not going outside today, I still want to feel pretty. I am going to ask Jonathan if we can get a thin crust veggie pizza from Pizza Hut tonight and watch a movie.

No comments: