1.14.2010

Dwell Studio Pillows -- Get on My Couch!

I'm going to talk in a circle for a minute -- I warned ya. Ok, so as much as I love big cities & downtown life (even in a small town), I believe if you took my heart out, looked into it's metaphorical eyes attached to it's metaphorical body, you would see that it's really happy in quiet solitude, wind wrapping around big open spaces, and trees rustling instead of people and buses bustling. To see a bit of Wilderness, but still be close enough to somebody else in case I need a little sugar or want to know their secret to growing such pretty flowers. I have pushed the country living in a clandestine place and like a beach ball you try to hold in the water it gives way with it's buoyancy and a top it floats, fully colorful, alive, and true. "Hi! you want to live in the country", my heart says. Let's get something straight, the country I'm talking about is probably or is a city lover's idea of the country. I still want to be in the suburbs but with wilderness patches and not so far up a steep hill, just a little winding ways from the hubub of town. I have also noticed with some inexplicablness that I am adhering to the modern country designing as well. It's very Wabi Sabi, shabby sheek, an elegant piece thrown in here and there for contrast, and a lot of the times bright colors popping amongst the beat up woods. For months I have been loving Country Living Magazine. They always are talking about antiques, showing room transformations, domestic homeade goodies and recipes, what produce is in season and how to use them, ... I could go on and on. Apparently, it speaks to me: the country and the magazine. Anywho, in the latest edition: Feb. 2010, the bargain issue, there is a couple of pillows on the front from Dwell Studio for Target. Bright yellow flowers! Check it out here. I have researched and found they will be in stores on Valentines Day. I know what I want for my birthday!

Ok, time to get ready for my day!

1 comment:

Kim said...

awesome! I want one on my couch too!

PS I know what you mean about the country. This is going to sound soooo cheesy but I have a little day dream of me and the boys living in a cute country cottage, building forts in the woods, picking blackberries and all other sorts of delicious fruits and then making homemade jams and pies together.(Sigh)